Sunday, March 01, 2009

Theresa, Jeff, Jenny




Theresa
-
for you
shining so bright in my mind
words... just won't come
they aren't there...
as if someone as beautiful as you
blocks me.
I hug you and stroke your hair
mumbling fatherly cliches, and think -
someday I'll tell you a thousand things,
life things, secret things, adult things,
hoping somehow to get to you before anyone else,
hoping perhaps to shelter you from reality
until you're ready for it.
someday I'll write your name
in letters so big they'll fill the sky.
just for you
shining so bright - soft pure light
in the eye of my mind.

-
21 January 1989
--
Jeff
you, little boy
your face lifted high
to see the video screen
battling bad guys
and monsters.
you
little boy
so quiet with your books
your art
and your smile when you see me;
you
perfect boy
you are my joy
and my heart.
-
18 December 1988
--
Jenny
so
my darling
darling girl;
do you wake up wondering
when you hear my footfall
outside the door?
I listen for your dreaming,
something I guess only I can do.
so dream
my darling
my little girl,
I love you.
-
9 December 1988
--

My amazing children - my love for you has done nothing but grow in all the years since I wrote these to you. You are my heart and my life.
Daddy

No comments: