Tuesday, February 15, 2011

listening


this early morning
all quiet in here
just me and God
and lovestruck robins singing
in the echoes lof darkness
while streetlights stand their lonely hours
waiting for the sun
listening
listening.
-
me and God, tea and cigarettes
a light coming on across the street
in this very deepest part
of the morning.
-
lovestruck robins
singing - singing
God and me and streetlights
wrapped in silent wonder
listening in the quiet
listening.
-
and it seems
all in an instant,
dawn and
an end to our silent sentinel
God and me
starting the day
again.
-
the streetlights keep their silence
and crows wake up to find
the little ones
the lovestruck ones
have stolen away with the morning.
-
streetlights and me and God
together,
perpetual need,
silent still - once again
our love has sown the seed.
-
-
-
4 May 1995

No comments: