Sunday, October 01, 2006

for Mellie


perhaps it's in the morning
struggling up from whatever dream
stretching my way out of the entanglement
of summer slumber
knowing I'm still here
to begin another day
thanking whatever forces there may be
for letting me open my eyes once more.
it's likely then, reaching for my glasses,
that maybe, just for one small second,
I hesitate to ponder the wonder
of this my life;
how it's all managed to sneak by
and happen
leaving me standing a bit off to one side,
frowning and laughing
crying and just being...
then sitting up, waking fully,
maybe such thoughts are lost
amid the wondrous whispers
of my sleeping baby daughter,
and my joy
at simply being here to watch her.

2 comments:

Tree said...

I found you.
:)
Thank you for this. I love you, Daddy.

deepoet26 said...

written for you a long time ago - you were such a cutey baby.